BKK Trip 2015: Bangkok - Day 4

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

 Our 4th day in Bangkok.

19 Feb 2015

Went two places; Damnoen Saduak Floating Market & Aisatique, Calypso Cabaret.
*Warning: Long post.

(As we went Damnoen Saduak Floating Market before like few years ago, so the purpose of coming back to here is partly because of my aunt as she never been here (Bangkok) before.)

Itinerary of the day for Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: (Wrote according to what they email, us, I did edited some)

- 6.30am - Pick up from our hotel.

- 7.00am - Leave Bangkok for Ratchaburi.

- 8.30am - Reach the boat pier then enjoy the scenery of Rural life by Long tail, speed boat to the floating market.

- 9.00am - Arrive at floating market. You can enjoy watching the farmers selling food, fruits, flowers and many kind of local products in their boats. (As we've lots of times so we took the boat ride around the market and it's cost about 100 to 150 baht per person if I'm not wrong and the journey takes about about 30 minute. You can choose not to take as well.)

- 11.30am - Visit Handicraft home industries. (He took us to the nearby Elephant village, not sure what is the place call but they have ATV rides, Elephant rides, monkeys show etc. And of course we didn't play. Next stop is the Cobra Show and lastly is the Handicraft Home Industries)

- 12.30am - Back to hotel

 Prices

550 Baht for Adult per person.
275 Baht for Children 5 years old ; (50%) of Adult.
Infant is Free of charge.

 Payment

You can pay them by Cash before the day of the trip, tell them which day and hotel you stay. (It's much safer paying them by Cash)

Link for the website: http://romeotour.weebly.com/

(Pss: Their website is not updated one. So email them for more enquiry.)


 So this is the Long tail, speed boat ride.

Looking at this, thinking how fortunate I am in Singapore. We need to learn to be content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living plenty or in wan.

 



Actually I was tempted to buy. Ha!

Mum and Dad, come look at the camera. 

They're still not looking. My skin was really very dry.


 Thai Coconut Ice Cream! 40 Baht for each. Try this! Trust me this is so awesome!



So this is the Elephant village. (Not too sure what's the village or place call.) 

 And this is the Cobra Show.
Normally they will bring even it's not in their itinerary.

Handicraft home industries.  
Actually this place was not bad. It was pleasant experience. 

I'm the queen. haha!

This is really so comfortable. Everything here is for sale. But it's in US dollar.



 Yes. This is US$12,000


So after back to hotel, went to the nearby places to have our lunch.







So our final stop is Aisatique. Partly because Calypso Cabaret (Lady Show/Ah Gua Show) moved to there. And we booked the tickets online. Watched before few years ago.

How to go Aisatique.

As I said earlier, my nearest station is Ratchaprarop (Airport Rail Link).
We took to Phaya Thai (It's only one stop away from our station from the opposite side)
And then we've to tap out (If I'm not wrong) and walk to BTS skytrain. Once we reach Phaya Thai (BTS Skytrain, we boarded the train heading to On Nut and alight at Siam Station.
Once alight at Siam station, change to another line (still at BTS Skytrain) heading to Wong Wian Yai and alight at Saphan Taksin Station. (That's the final stop).

There will be a free shuttle boat.
From 4.00pm to 11.30pm (BKK time zone), Departure every 15 minute.

So we boarded the free shuttle boat.

I would recommend to go there.
There's lots of things to buy (for me) and there's a Naraya shop located at there.
I felt it was more like Clarke Quay/ Boat Quay (Singapore). It's a best place to chill.

Calypso, book online will help you to save more money. 





Fish Spa.

We're so tired. 

Groupfie!

Oh yes! There's a shop that sell local titbits and snacks! Quite cheap! Forgot to took photo. But I grab the photo from someone's blog. Thanks to this person, Keryi.

We bought alots. Like boxes of it. Haha! And we have to carry it.

What I bought in  Asiatique:
(Anyway I will blog again, what I've bought on my last post.)

- Cuttlefish (80 Baht each)
- Seaweed (190 Baht for 6 Packet)
- Body scrub
- Whitening Facial Foam from Scentio. (It super cheap! About 130 Baht which cost around SGD $5.00 plus if I didn't recall wrongly. Bugis sell around S$14 to S$16 plus if I'm not wrong. I was like OMG!)


This is another facial foam I bought also the same price.
It's seem that this facial foam is quite common in Thailand I even saw this selling at the provision shop.


And of course I will definitely buy Naraya.
Small coin pouch cost only 45 Baht about S$1.70.
Makeup pouch cost 80 Baht about S$3.20.
Toiletry pouch cost 280 Baht about S$11.
Shoe bag cost 260 Baht about S$10.20.


Okay back to topic. 
Calypso Bangkok.






 My niece and nephew use my itouch to take selfie.






So basically the show was almost the same as I've watched few years ago.

I shall stop here.
Will continue to blog day 5. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments