Gold Coast Itinerary Day 2 30 June 2018 - Gold Coast 6D5N l 10km Southern Cross University - SkyPoint Observation Deck n Day Climb - Harbour Town Outlet

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Unglam moment


ITINERARY FOR THE SECOND DAY:

- Southern Cross University 10KM Run
- Skypoint Climb and Observation Deck 
- Harbour Town Outlet (And we wanted to go Night Quarter Market since it near but we were too tired)
- Dinner at Betty Burger


Woke up at 4.02 am (SG time was 2.02 am) and pick up time is 4.45 am at the hotel lobby.

There were  two or three people including me wearing short for the race. HAHA Omg. I know it gonna be cold and I used to it but I didn't expect to be that cold that day and it was quite windy as well.

Reach there quite early. So we waited near our pen area (Zone D). My leg was trembling because of the wind. HAHAHA! 


First, let us take photo!
 
































   

   

Once our zone pen open, we started to walk in and wait. 


Race started at around 6.30 am, everyone including us walking toward the start point.

After I cross the start point, I started to run. It felt so unreal. I was like "am I really here", "omg is this real", you know that kind of feeling. 

The scenery is so pretty that I couldn't stop looking at it. And the weather is still bearable while running even if you wear short. Everything was great! 

The only thing I regretted is that I didn't take more photo and video during the race. 

So pretty!




Especially left 1-2 km routes area. Awwwww.


Finished the race around 8.00 am or early. My phone left like less than 10% I think because o the cold weather. So didn't took too many photos and videos as I need my phone to contact my friend. 



The banana look BIG! Haha!


Got my race result around noon I think. 

Timing was 1 hr 15 min (net time). (Whoohoo!) 

I was actually kinda nervous for the run as the cut off time is shorter than Singapore. 

But I didn't expected that I did better than in Singapore. Partly because of the good weather, smooth race course and the audience of course! 

  

Group photo with 10km and 5km runners 



I'm really glad that I did this race. It's a whole new experience for me who love to run.  
  



After the race, took G-Link Tram (Southport Station) for free for all who participant the run wearing the bib and back to our Hotel alight at Surfer Paradise.

As I mentioned early post that I will be going for Skypoint Day Climb. I quickly head back to the hotel to put my stuff and head to Skypoint Observation which is just opposite our hotel.

It was actually kinda rush as my tour guide book at 9.40 am which I agreed and reach there just in time abit. No time to bath or go toilet. Damnnnn. (I think partly because we were dragging the time in race venue like chitchatting, take photos or walking slowly and waiting for the tram HAHA)

I was kinda nervous but excited at the same time as I worried it will be kinda scary.

That the staff will lead us to the next building (less than 20 steps I didn't really count actually HAHA).

Before the climb, the staff will ask you to write/sign the Indemnity Agreement Form.

They will brief and teach us how to wear the safety belts, clothes etc. (don't worry, there will be another staff helping you as well. Quite handsome HAHA!) 


We have to queue in one row in order to go in. I'm the last person in that row. (You have to do one special instruction as well *evil laugh*)

Okay the moment I step out, I was like woahhh!

It was such a waste that we couldn't take video awww. The view is really damn pretty!

I bought the Skypoint Climb Signature Pack (AUD$29.95) and Skypoint Climb Photo USB (AUD$50).

Yes I spent AUD$79.95. Omg so expensive but thinking this might be my one and last trip so I bought it.

Okay enough with the talk. Check out the photos below.

FYI: I don't know who are they Hahaha! But most of them are Singaporean expect one If I'm not wrong







I'm not afraid of height but this is abit scary. 

And the instructor is using the same camera (Canon Eos M2) as mine (previously) 

Met new friend. Hahaha 

So after I climb finish, my friend waited for me at the Observation Deck. 

Omg the view is damn nice can! The ocean colour. Damnnn





 



Okay after finish taking photo and touring around the Skypoint Observation Deck (It must-to-go). 
Went back to the Hotel to bath and change.

Headed to Habour Town Outlet via Tram and Bus.

Bought their "Ezlink' Card. Cost ****


How to go to Harbour Town Outlet?

We board the Glink Tram (Surfer Paradise) which is just outside our Hotel and alight at Southport (Yes again. Haha Our race event was near there as well) 

About 16 min ride. Once you exit the Tram, cross the road opposite side and walk straight until you see a Busstop..

Board Bus 704. (Umm I think about 14 stops) and alight at Harbour Town Bus stop (or Gold Coast Hwy at Discovery Drive). Forgot to take photo of the busstop



Woolworths


Totally forgot how it taste like


Actually we are quite tired after the race so maybe that why we didn't buy anything except food. HAHA

  

After walking for a few hours and we head back to Hotel to put our stuff first.
 
My friend shag face HAHAHA!


Head back to Skypoint Observation which can be use for one day and we heading back to see the night view. But got birthday party event at night which was unexpected so we can only tour around half of the observation deck. Damnnn...

Skypoint Observation Night View 


Next we head to Betty's Burgers for our dinner. This is recommended from lots of people so we decided to try. And long queue as well.


  




What I order is Classic Betty Burger I think and it cost Aud$10 and coke cost about Aud$4.
We share the Onion Rings which cost Aud$6.

Over the food is good and the portion is abit big for me.
Anyway I tired the Peroni Beer that cost Aud$8.50 and it taste soso for me. 

But still will recomend to come here and eat. 
That's all for Day 2! Will be updating Day 3 soo *Hopefully* HAHA!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments