Taiwan Itinerary Day 2 2017 - Taiwan 5D4N | Elephant Mountain – Houtong Cat Village – Taipei Main Station Underground – One Piece Cafe – Shilin Night Market

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Okay, continue my post for Taiwan Trip on Oct 2017. The last post I think was in May 2018. OMG!

Second-day itinerary is my solo trip.




Itinerary for the second day:

- Elephant Mountain
- Houtong Cat Village
- Taipei Main Station Underground Mall
- One Piece Cafe 
- Shilin Night Market

I personally love hiking/climbing so I decided to put Elephant Mountain in my list.

Woke up around 7am and left the house around 8. Head to 7-11 to buy Onigiri for my breakfast. 


How to go to Elephant Mountain?
- Alight at Xiangshan Station (Red Line) and exit 2. After you exit 2, you will see two signs for the hiking trail. (Picture below)
Head to the right side (Lingyun Temple) about 20 min walk. 

  - The road will pass by a basketball court and park on the left side. You will notice that it starts getting steep. Once you go up the top, follow the road to the right and around the curve, you will the trail head to the left.


Walking up the steep

Elephant Mountain Entrance
Just follow the stairs
This is just the starting point




I forgot whether I approached the man or he approached me to help him take a photo.
I mistook him as Korean. He is from Japan. So sorry about that. Haha!
Wanted to stand on the stone but it was too slippery because of the rain.


HAHAHA!

I stop at the boulders area because I don't have enough time. Nice stop to take a photo (but you have to climb a bit)

Overall it was a good experience. It's a straightforward path so don't have to worry that you will get lost there. It can be quite tiring but it worth it! The view is soooooo pretty! 

Took about 1hr or 1hr 30 min including taking videos and photos. 

Was raining awhile that day so was not too crowded. Most of them are locals not tourist. And they are quite friendly.

Next is Houtong Cat village. I didn't manage to go whenever I come to Taipei or Shifen.
As you know this is a good place for cat lover. 
 

How to go Houtong Cat Village?

Maybe there is a short cut way of going but I prefer this way.

- Alight at Taipei Main Station. Look for TRA (Taipei Railway Administration) entrance and tap in. Head to Platform 4. (Check with the staff there in case I'm wrong) Alight at Houtong (TRA) (about 12 stop)


It was super cold due to the wind when I exit the train. I was wearing short because I thought the weather will be okay for me. I'm excited like a kid running and exploring around the place. Before I head to the village, I went near the river there is a bridge call Jieshou bridge (I think). It was damn windy that I really almost flew away HAHA. I totally love it and I wish to stay from the entire afternoon. That moment makes me forget everything in my mind. 


Went to the coal dressing plant warehouse vision hall then head to the cat village which is at the opposite side.

I only manage to see a few cats but was surround by tourists like me (yup expected HAHA)
(Oh you can buy the cat food after you exit the MRT)
 

Went to eat lunch at the village. The shop name is "Walk and Taste 漫嚐‧咖啡". The food and atmosphere are good. For the price, I forgot how much.


Head back to Taipei Main Station via TRA and walk around at the underground mall. It was super big. OMGG. For anime lover, you can go there and shop!


Went back to ximending to buy some stuff from one piece store.


What I bought it One Piece Mugiwara Store in Ximengding:

航海玉手工凤梨酥 x2  - $398 NT (about sgd $18.80)
巧蠱多黑巧克力-迷彩 - $75 NT (about sgd $3.50)
巧蠱多牛奶糖 - $75 NT (about sgd $3.50)
巧蠱多黑巧克力- 橡膠掌 - $75 NT (about sgd $3.50)


After that, I head to One Piece Cafe located near Zhongxiao Dunhua Station. But recently I heard from my nephew that the Cafe is no longer there. 

How to go One Piece Cafe?

- Alight at Zhongxiao Dunhua and exit 8. You will see the party world on your right side. Just head straight until you see Haagen on your right side. The cafe is somewhere there. 

What I've spent in One Piece Cafe:

草帽小子咖喱猪扒饭 - $360 NT (about sgd $17)
芒果沙冰 - $200 NT (about sgd $9.45)
萬紫千红泡泡飮 - $220 NT (about sgd $10.40)
内用服务费10% Tax - $78 NT (about sgd $3.70)
DIY 置物架 - 梅莉號 - $129 NT (about sgd $6)
LOGO 玻璃水杯 - $180 NT (about sgd $8.50)
恶魔果實杯 - $880 NT (about sgd $41.60)
周年感谢 - ($132 NT) (about sgd $6.25)



萬紫千红泡泡飮 
This one comes with the soda. You can choose the bottle design above. $220 NT

草帽小子咖喱猪扒饭
(Luffy Blue Garden Pork Chop and Curry Rice) - $360 NT
So cute! Chopper!


After dinner, went to meet my friend at Jiantan station and head to Shilin Night Market for my second round dinner HAHA!!
You can check my vlog below:


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments